Saturday, July 26, 2008

Kari Lehtonen is a Thrasher for 1 more year?


To my loyal readers.....all 3 of you! ;) Sorry for my absence, had some stuff going on, but now today I have a chance to sit down and blog a bit.


First off, Congrats to Kari Lehtonen on his 1 year deal. I personally was a little shocked that Kari was only given the 1 year. With the recent contracts of Fleury and Miller, one would have thought that Lehtonen would have been locked in for a good 3 to 4 years. Hmmm makes one think doesn't it? Does this mean that Kari Lehtonen is not the future goal tending god that we all thought Don wanted him to be? Perhaps the team is leading toward making Pavelec the next Zeus. I think we honestly see that Pavelec will be a member of the Chicago Wolves this season, unless Kari's iron groin acts up again. Kari has to fight this season if he wants to remain an Atlanta Thrasher. If he has a bad season, or an injury filled season, I would make a prediction of Kari being a trade deadline pawn. Of course if he is killer and stays healthy, perhaps Pavs would be the trade bait.


Kari has to learn to keep his head in the game. I tend to be a fan of the goalie, so I watch the goalies very closely during the game. Next time you watch Kari play and the Moose play take note of this. In between plays Moose does his skating around, he will got to the left side of the net, circle back and then go to the right side of the net and circle back. Moose hardly ever looks at the score board, Moose never looks at the fans. He talks to himself, stays in a zone, does not get distracted. Kari, skates around, looks at the fans, looks at the scoreboard. He gets distracted. I am not saying anything against Kari, he just needs to become mentally tougher. Tune out what is going on around him. Focus on the game. That right there is the difference in a veteran and a kid. Moose will help Kari and will help Pavelec. Honestly this is just another chapter in the Lehtonen/Pavelec debate.


If you read my blog, feel free to drop me an email at anonthrashersblogger@gmail.com and always feel free to leave comments. I blog to start a conversation, to debate, and to learn.


Take care and see you next time.
(Special Thanks to one of my readers for the cool picture for this blog).

No comments: